- Document #:
- Document type:
- Submitted by:
- Sadakazu Haino
- Updated by:
- Sadakazu Haino
- Document Created:
- 11 May 2019, 18:12
- Contents Revised:
- 06 Jun 2019, 11:41
- DB Info Revised:
- 21 Jun 2019, 19:23
- Comparison of 90% credible sky localization area for BNS, BBH and NSBH detections in O3 between with and without KAGRA for Ndet=2, 3, 4 cases.
O3 sensitivities assumed as 120Mpc(H,L), 60Mpc(V), and 25Mpc(K).
Original simulation by L.Singer and data were available at:
New simulations with 15Mpc(K) and 8Mpc(K) are also added.
Simulations are made with GPU-accelerated Parameter Estimation (GPE) with nested sampling MCMC (JGW-G1808212).
KAGRA sensitivity curves are from JGW-T1809078.
Data and scripts are also shared to LV at:
Event example is BNS (1.25,1.44) at 46 Mpc, cos(theta_JN)=-0.41, spin(z)=0.03,-0.01
These works are done by Y.J. Huang (NTU) and SH and GPU farm management is supported by C.Y. Lin (NCHC).
- Event example (K:25Mpc and 8Mpc) that sky localization is significantly (x10) improved with KAGRA (skyloc-cmp.pdf, 461.3 kB)
- Relative improvement between with and without KAGRA (BNS, BBH, NSBH) (acmp_O3.pdf, 207.5 kB)
- Sky localization area for BBH (K:8Mpc and 15Mpc added) (area_O3_bbh.pdf, 230.1 kB)
- Sky localization area for BNS (K:8Mpc and 15Mpc added) (area_O3_bns.pdf, 226.9 kB)
- Sky localization area for BNS, BBH, NSBH for N=2 and N=3(with K) cases (area_O3_N2-3.pdf, 535.1 kB)
- Sky localization area for NSBH (K:8Mpc and 15Mpc added) (area_O3_nsbh.pdf, 222.4 kB)
- python script and data files (acmp.zip, 77.0 kB)
- python script and data files (old) (plot.zip, 662.7 kB)
- Other Files:
- JGW-G1910365: [KIW6] Updates from KAGRA Future Planning Committee (FPC)
DocDB Version 8.7.10, contact
Document Database Administrators